Ready Set School, a local non-profit organization, is seeking a part-time director on a contract basis. Director will work closely with Board of Directors and be responsible for fundraising, marketing, events, and voucher distribution. Position requires an average of 50 hours per month with a flexible schedule. Please see job description below.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job description: Ready Set School Director
Reports to: Ready Set School Board President
Job Summary – Ready Set School (RSS) is a nonprofit organization that is funded through donations and the Winona County Collaborative in partnership with the Winona Community Foundation. The Ready Set School Director is responsible for the development and implementation of the RSS voucher program. The Director is the “face” of the organization. The Winona Community Foundation will provide fiscal sponsorship which includes managing donor information and nonprofit tax reporting. Contractor will have posted office hours from May through September
- In cooperation with Winona county schools, disseminates voucher applications in the spring. Provides information to the schools about the application process and is available to meet with school staff if necessary.
- Manages the application process, reviews applications to confirm eligibility, and distributes vouchers to eligible families in a timely manner. Vouchers should be distributed no later than July 10 of each year.
- Is available to communicate with families about the application process.
- Responsible for promoting RSS to schools and the community. Responsible for managing the RSS website and Facebook page. Develops materials to solicit donations.
- Solicits grants on behalf of RSS and is responsible for any required reporting.
- Prepares monthly reports for the RSS board and schedules regular board meetings.
- Creates, promotes, and conducts fundraising events on behalf of RSS.
- Solicits and distributes school supplies during the months of July through September.
- Assists Winona National Bank with the annual Chili Cookoff and Summer Concert that promote RSS.
Qualifications – Candidate must have excellent organizational, computer, and communication skills. Ability to work with board, schools, funders, and families. Experience with nonprofit management, fundraising, and event planning preferred.