August is back-to-school month and Ready Set School’s mission is to provide K-12 Winona County kids with the essential school supplies they need to succeed!
Want to support our mission? Below are a few events happening in August/September. If you are an individual or organization wanting to help – please contact Mandi Olson.
- School Supply Drive: drop off at our office on the 4th floor of the Exchange building or Steak Shop Catering located at 301 East Mark Street (they will give you ice cream for your donation!)
- Wednesday, August 11: Kiwanis Club of Winona Sunrisers: donating 50 backpacks in honor of their 50th anniversary!
- Tuesday, August 17: Chicken Que Fundraiser with Steak Shop Catering
- Cars-N-Credit: Backpack Drive
- Ready Set Recycle all month at Miller Scrap
- September 1-September 8: Midtown Foods Round Up Event
- Saturday, September 4 Noon – 2 p.m.: Big Muddy Brew & Que Barbeque Tasting – we will be serving and accepting donations!
SCHOOL SUPPLIES MOST REQUESTED
Plastic pocket folders, notebooks (wide-ruled. college-ruled and composition), pencils, pencil box, pens (black/blue/red), large erasers, scissors, boxes of markers, boxes of colored pencils, glue sticks, bottles of glue, eraser caps, highlighters, dry erase markers, binders, earbuds or headphones, facial tissues and paper towels.
Quality new backpacks are also needed. Please don’t forget we serve kids from kindergarten to grade 12 which means we have a need for larger backpacks for the older kids just as much as the smaller ones for the tykes.