August is back-to-school month and Ready Set School’s mission is to provide K-12 Winona County kids with the essential school supplies they need to succeed!
Want to support our mission? Below are a few events happening in July, August and September. If you are an individual or organization wanting to help – please contact Mandi Olson.
Find more details on our Facebook page: Ready Set School | Facebook
- Schmit Insurance: Referral Program (July/Aug/Sept) – get a quote from Schmit Insurance and they will make a donation to Ready Set School!
- Paperback and Pieces: $1 Hardcover Bargain Sales in July and August will be donated back to Ready Set School!
- Friday, July 22 5-10 p.m. Ready Set School at Peter’s Biergarten in downtown Winona! Celebrate summer, enjoy a cold beverage and music while supporting our mission! Family-friendly.
- A table with adorable hand-made bracelets will be for sale by local young artists. Proceeds will be donated to Ready Set School!
- School Supply Drive (see list of supplies listed below):
- August 2-September 2 at Steak Shop Catering: Every Tuesday-Friday, they are offering FREE ice cream cones/dishes for your school supply donations!
- Drop off at WNB Financial downtown location.
- Tuesday, August 30: Chicken Que Fundraiser with Steak Shop Catering
- Wednesday, August 31-September 7: Midtown Foods Round Up Event
- Friday, September 16 Evening (time TBD) Port 507 fundraising Event
- Sunday, September 18 2:30-5:30: Jazz Jam at Island City Brewery with H3o
SCHOOL SUPPLIES MOST REQUESTED
Plastic pocket folders, notebooks (wide-ruled. college-ruled and composition), pencils, pencil box, pens (black/blue/red), large erasers, scissors, boxes of markers, boxes of colored pencils, glue sticks, bottles of glue, eraser caps, highlighters, dry erase markers, binders, earbuds or headphones, facial tissues and paper towels.
Quality new backpacks are also needed. Please don’t forget we serve kids from kindergarten to grade 12 which means we have a need for larger backpacks for the older kids just as much as the smaller ones for the tykes.