August is back-to-school month and Ready Set School’s mission is to provide K-12 Winona County kids with the essential school supplies they need to succeed!
Want to support our mission? Below are a few events happening in July, August and September. If you are an individual or organization wanting to help – please contact Mandi Olson.
Find more details on our Facebook page: Ready Set School | Facebook
- Friday, August 4th 4-6 p.m. Pints for Pencils at 2 Brothers Bar & Grill in Winona with our Celebrity Bartenders (Justin, Kate, Leah & Ben!) Facebook Event
- August 30th – September 6th Midtown Foods Round Up Event
- Tuesday, September 12: Chicken Que Fundraiser with Steak Shop Catering
SCHOOL SUPPLIES MOST REQUESTED
Plastic pocket folders, notebooks (wide-ruled. college-ruled and composition), pencils, pencil box, pens (black/blue/red), large erasers, scissors, boxes of markers, boxes of colored pencils, glue sticks, bottles of glue, eraser caps, highlighters, dry erase markers, binders, earbuds or headphones.
Quality new backpacks are also needed. Please don’t forget we serve kids from kindergarten to grade 12 which means we have a need for larger backpacks for the older kids just as much as the smaller ones for the tykes.
Want to stuff an entire backpack? Here is our standard stuff request for grade levels!
Grade school level Backpack to include:
- 2-4 Plastic pocket folders
- 2 Wide-Ruled Notebooks
- Pencil box
- Large Erasers
- Colored pencils
- Box of Markers
- Box of Crayons
- Glue Stick
- Bottle of Glue
Middle School or High School Backpack to include:
- 2-6 Plastic Pocket Folders
- 2-4 College Ruled Notebooks
- 1-2 Composition Notebooks
- Pack of Loose Leaf Paper
- 1 Binder (3”)
- Pencil Pouch
- Pencils (regular and mechanical)
- Eraser Caps
- Pens (blue, black and/or red)
- Dry Erase Markers
- Ear Buds
- Index cards