Ready Set School is looking for their next Director! If you are organized, motivated and thoughtful – this part-time, flexible job opportunity could be for you! Alongside a 15-person Board of Directors, the Director executes the annual fundraising campaign and implements the annual voucher program.
Job description: Ready Set School Director
Reports to: Ready Set School Board President & Board of Directors
Job Summary: Ready Set School (RSS) is a fiscally sponsored organization that is funded through private donations and grants, along with the Winona County Collaborative funding. The mission is to provide basic and necessary school supplies to Winona County K-12 students. RSS partners with the Winona Community Foundation for its fiscal sponsor and bookkeeping. The Ready Set School Director is hired as an independent contractor responsible for the development and implementation of the RSS voucher and fundraising program along with a dynamic and engaged board of directors.
The Director is the “face” of the organization and in charge of raising funds and awareness, as well as, giving those funds back out through a coordinated voucher program. Position has flexible hours and work arrangements but is a year-round position. Hours vary but range from 8-40 hours per month depending on the time of year. The Director is given an annual performance review by the board of directors. A $25 hourly wage is offered with an annual wage range of $7,000-$8,000, based on qualifications and experience. There are no fringe benefits with this position. Position eligible for year-end bonus based on performance.
- VOUCHER & BACKPACK PROGRAM (April-September)
- In cooperation with Winona County schools, disseminates voucher communications in the spring. Provides information to the schools about the application process and is available to meet with school staff if necessary. Is available to communicate with families about the application process.
- Manages the application process, reviews applications to confirm eligibility, and distributes vouchers to eligible families in a timely manner. Works with a vendor to print vouchers. Vouchers should be distributed in July each year.
- Solicits and distributes backpacks and school supplies in August for families that missed the voucher program.
- The goal is to reach and help at least 900 students through the voucher and backpack program each year.
- FUNDRAISING PROGRAM (January-September)
- Board of Directors and Director are responsible for raising $70,000-$90,000 per year through fundraising events, an annual appeal, major donor program and grant writing.
- Manages the annual appeal process in the spring including major donor solicitation.
- Research, writes and submits grants on behalf of RSS and is responsible for any required reporting.
- Responsible for promoting RSS to schools and the community. Responsible for managing the RSS website and Facebook page. Develops materials to solicit donations. Manages all media relations.
- Creates or organizes, promotes, and conducts fundraising events on behalf of RSS.
- Assists WNB Financial with the annual Chili Tasting (February) that promotes RSS.
- ADMIN & BOARD OF DIRECTOR MANAGEMENT (January-December)
- Oversees the annual operating budget and reporting along with the Board Finance Lead.
- Manages the RSS email and provides timely and courteous responses.
- Maintains all records for RSS (mostly using Google Docs).
- Schedules, coordinates and sets meeting agenda for monthly Board meetings.
- Prepares monthly reports for the RSS board and schedules regular board meetings.
- Oversees the board committees and committee work for the year.
- Does all work with confidentiality in mind and in compliance with by-laws of Ready Set School.
- Director is provided a laptop and cell phone as tools for the role.
Qualifications – Candidates must have excellent organizational, computer, and communication skills. An ability to work with boards/committees, schools, funders, and families is necessary. Experience with nonprofit management, fundraising, and event planning is preferred. Passion for giving back to your community and/or children a bonus!
Please submit a resume with a cover letter to ReadySetSchool@gmail.com as soon as its ready. The Board of Directors plans to fill the position as soon as applicant is available, but no later than 12/31/23.